Dienstag, 15. Februar 2011

New York, CAA Conference etc.

I went to New York in February to speak at the College Art Association conference in the Hilton, just half a block from MoMA about Damien Hirst's Spot Paintings.
The moderator of the Hirst panel, the stunning Sarah Thorton (author of the best seller "7 days in the art World"), wrote a summery of the conference on artforum.com, you'll find me on one of the pics. Here the details and titles of the Hirst panel:
But I had plenty of time to see the Whitney (apart from he Hopper exhibition I saw already somewhere else - boring and stuck in the 80s), the Brooklyn Museum (greaty curated Norman Rockwell exhibition, contemporary art section was closed, shame), the MOMA (loved the Warhol Still video portraits, hated the Apstract Expresionism Exhibition) and the Met (got lost as usually, saw some Van Goghs I never saw before that made me hate him less). A lot of time I spend in the nicest no-go-areas of Brooklyn to take pics of graffiti and Street Art.

Here you can listen to the discussion after the talks.